The Vintage Chiffon Cake Site
| Welcome | History | Before You Begin | The Original Recipe | Variations | Frostings/Icings, etc. | More Vintage Recipes | Updates |
I am an
aging millennial who has been living, cooking, baking, and surviving on his own since 2005.
I created this website to archive the original Chiffon Cake recipe credited to Harry Baker that was later sold to (and marketed by) General Mills/Betty Crocker, starting in 1948.
I'm not sure why I decided to do this, but I am a sucker for a recipe that has a ton of variations, which could have something to do with it. Plus, I thought others would appreciate the adaptability of the recipe.
I'd like to take a moment to discuss what you will NOT see on this website:
- A pop-up asking you join my newsletter within 5 seconds of your arrival to the site. Seriously, what is the deal with this? They're on EVERY website/blog these days.
- Complex code or script that slows down your computer. HTML is all I know. However, I'm not above using a basic CSS style sheet, but that's as far as I go.
- Oversaturated/contrasted photos of food (or food-related items). If this were a photo site, maybe, but not here. I have better things to do with my time.
- A sermon about my life or a random topic before the recipe. Nope. I get that all you care about is finding a recipe.
- The title (or phrase), "The best [blank] recipe, EVER!" Seriously, nothing is the best, ever. You will find good recipes here, though.
- The title (or phrase), "Perfect [blank]!" See above. Nothing is ever perfect.
- Statements about how everybody around me loves my recipes. I'm single. Nobody cares.
- Original recipes. Do they even exist? If I like (or prefer) a recipe, I'll tell you why, where it came from, etc., but—generally—I do very few original things.
Thank you so much for taking the time to browse this website.
I hope you truly get something out of it!
- Webmaster - vintagechiffoncake.neocities.org